- What is a sentence for either?
- What are some good sentence starters?
- Is either a word?
- What words can you not start a sentence with?
- How do we use either?
- What is either or in grammar?
- Which at the start of a sentence?
- What is an example of either or?
- Can either mean both?
- What is a meaning of either?
- What type of conjunction is either?
- What is the meaning of either side?
- What kind of word is either?
- How can I use the word better in a sentence?
What is a sentence for either?
Examples of either in a Sentence You may take either road.
You may choose either answer.
Either way is all right with me.
Pronoun I haven’t written to either of my parents..
What are some good sentence starters?
3. Use Different Words to Order Events and Sequence Timeto be sure… additionally… lastlyeventuallyin the meantimefirst… just in the same way… finallyfinallyfor the time beingbasically… similarly… as well asfirst of allthe next stepafterwardto begin within conclusionat firstin the first placein time4 more rows•Jan 9, 2020
Is either a word?
As an adjective either refers only to two of anything: either side of the river; using either hand. As a pronoun either sometimes occurs in reference to more than two ( either of the three children ), but any is more common in this construction ( any of the three children ).
What words can you not start a sentence with?
Or never begins a sentence, paragraph, or chapter. Never begin a sentence—or a clause—with also. Teach the elimination of but, so, and, because, at the beginning of a sentence. A sentence should not commence with the conjunctions and, for, or however….
How do we use either?
Either is used when referring to a choice between two options. For example, “Either one deserves to win.” Or, “Either you leave, or I will phone the police.” It can also be used in a negative way, instead of the words also or too.
What is either or in grammar?
1.Either / or – used in a sentence in the affirmative sense when referring to a choice between two possibilities. We can either eat now or after the show – it’s up to you. 2. Neither / nor – used in a sentence in the negative sense when you want to say that two or more things are not true.
Which at the start of a sentence?
“Which” clauses that appear at the beginning of a sentence or paragraph are likewise incomplete sentences, and you are allowed to use them occasionally.
What is an example of either or?
Either-or definitions An example of either or is when you are offered either spaghetti or cereal for dinner and are different between the two so you say “either or” to indicate that both would work.
Can either mean both?
In general, it turns out that sometimes either is distributive, essentially meaning both or all, and sometimes it is exclusionary and so applies to just one out of the set. Your question is whether it would be understood to mean just one or if it would mean two in the sentence: Either of these options will do.
What is a meaning of either?
either adjective, pronoun, conjunction (CHOICE) You can go by train or bus – either way it’ll take an hour. I left it either at home or in the car. You can also use either to mean both: Friends sat on either side of me on the plane.
What type of conjunction is either?
Coordinating conjunctions join equals to one another: words to words, phrases to phrases, clauses to clauses. Coordinating conjunctions usually form looser connections than other conjunctions do….either. . .orboth. . . andneither. . . nornot only. . . but also
What is the meaning of either side?
1. on one side of something and on the other side of it. on either side of: There were stone lions on either side of the door.
What kind of word is either?
Either is a determiner, a pronoun, an adverb or a conjunction.
How can I use the word better in a sentence?
6 Tips for Writing Good SentencesKeep it simple. Long sentences or overly complex sentences don’t necessarily make sophisticated sentence writing. … Use concrete rhetoric. … Employ parallelism. … Mind your grammar. … Properly punctuate. … Practice writing.