- What can you use instead of and to start a sentence?
- Is there a transition word?
- What to say instead of it states?
- What can I say instead of asked?
- What word can I use instead of was?
- How do you say this shows in a different way?
- What is it called when you ask for something?
- How do you not use the word I?
- What are the transitional words and phrases?
- What is a fancy word for question?
- What is a good sentence starter?
- What is a good transition sentence?
- What are the 4 types of transitions?
What can you use instead of and to start a sentence?
“Yet” can often replace “but” in a sentence without changing anything else, as both are coordinating conjunctions that can introduce a contrast.
Alternatively, you could use one of these subordinating conjunctions: Although (e.g., I like Brian May, although I find his hair ridiculous.).
Is there a transition word?
Transition words are words like ‘and’, ‘but’, ‘so’ and ‘because’. They show your reader the relationship between phrases, sentences, or even paragraphs.
What to say instead of it states?
it states / synonymsit claims. phr.it asserts. phr.it says. phr.she claims. phr.she submits. phr.states.she states. phr.she said. phr.More items…
What can I say instead of asked?
Verbs to Use Instead of “Asked”begged.beseeched.entreated.inquired.interrogated.prayed.pleaded.pled.
What word can I use instead of was?
What is another word for was?appearedbecamelookedseemedcame to behad beenhas beenhave beenturned out to bewere2 more rows
How do you say this shows in a different way?
this shows / synonymsthis demonstrates. phr.this illustrates. phr.this suggests. phr.this indicates. phr.this proves. phr.this displays. phr.this implies. phr. & v.this portrays. phr.More items…
What is it called when you ask for something?
request. verb. to ask for something, or to ask someone to do something, in a polite or formal way.
How do you not use the word I?
Following General Rules. Use the third person point of view. Never use “I,” “my,” or otherwise refer to yourself in formal academic writing. You should also avoid using the second-person point of view, such as by referring to the reader as “you.” Instead, write directly about your subject matter in the third person.
What are the transitional words and phrases?
Transitional expressionsLOGICAL RELATIONSHIPTRANSITIONAL EXPRESSIONCause and Effectaccordingly, consequently, hence, so, therefore, thusAdditional Support or Evidenceadditionally, again, also, and, as well, besides, equally important, further, furthermore, in addition, moreover, then8 more rows
What is a fancy word for question?
Some common synonyms of question are ask, inquire, interrogate, and query. While all these words mean “to address a person in order to gain information,” question usually suggests the asking of series of questions.
What is a good sentence starter?
3. Use Different Words to Order Events and Sequence Timeto be sure… additionally… lastlyeventuallynextfirst… just in the same way… finallyfinallythenbasically… similarly… as well asfirst of allsimultaneouslyafterwardto begin withsoonat firstin the first placewhile4 more rows•Jan 9, 2020
What is a good transition sentence?
What are the components of good transition sentences? They make an explicit connection between ideas, sentences, and paragraphs. Good transitions use specific words. Try to avoid using pronouns like “this” to refer to an entire idea because it is not always clear who or what “this” refers to.
What are the 4 types of transitions?
There are four main areas of development that transitions can affect:Emotional.Physical.Intellectual.Physiological.